ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
In a climate of significant legislative and regulatory changes reshaping the healthcare landscape in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this timely program will present an update on the current state of federal healthcare policy affecting medical groups. Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of these changes and their impact on the day-to-day activities of medical group practices, in addition to being directed to clarifying resources. Specific topics include updates to the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund, Paycheck Protection Program, Medicare telehealth flexibilities, 2020 Medicare Quality Payment Program, and a host of other timely issues.
- Learn about new or pending federal policy changes
- Understand how legislative and regulatory initiatives affect your daily work
- Identify resources available to assist you
- 2020 implementations details for the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System and alternative payment models,
- Medicare Physician Fee Schedule payment and policy changes, and
- Key federal health policy issues, including compliance and health information technology related topics.
- MGMA advocacy and resources for members
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Drew Voytal, MPA
Associate Director, Government Affairs
Drew serves as an Associate Director for MGMA Government Affairs in Washington DC. In his primary role as a Government Affairs member liaison, he works to inform membership of the federal rules and regulations impacting medical group practices around the country. He works closely with MGMA state affiliate chapters to organize grassroots efforts and is a frequent speaker at state and national meetings.
In addition to meeting with members and speaking at conferences, Drew manages education and outreach programs that inform MGMA members as well as policymakers in Congress and the administration.
Drew holds a Master of Public Administration with a Healthcare Administration focus and a bachelor’s degree in Political Science, both from Western Michigan University.