· Date Needed: ASAP
· City: Wheat Ridge
· Type of Position: Full Time
· Experience Requirement: Three years of healthcare finance/accounting management experience and Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting/finance related field
· Description & Details: See below
About the opportunity:
Consider taking your career to a new level by joining the finance team of Western Nephrology! This rapidly growing, premiere company in the Denver, Metro area is renowned for its patient-oriented approach and its closely knit team of healthcare professionals in providing cutting edge and compassionate care for those with kidney disease. This academically-minded practice has been delivering the finest of care for over 50 years.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing all of the daily accounting activities, as well as preparing and auditing monthly financials, and preparing projections of future cash flow, budgets, and service line analysis by gathering and analyzing data. They will work with the Chief Financial and Operating Officer to implement and maintain policies and procedures relating to financial accounting systems, accounts payable, budgeting, general ledger, accounts receivable, employee payroll, cash disbursements, financial statements and tax information. Candidate must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as have good analytical and problem solving skills. This is a full-time position. Days and time of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· Manages Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant.
· Reviews monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy and researches variances from budget and prior year.
· Prepares monthly clinic dashboard (volume and financials) and audits eCW (EMR) data.
· Maintains payor contract rates in eCW, and audits payments and allowed amounts monthly to ensure accuracy of payments received.
· Prepares service line analysis semi-annually.
· Prepares basic budget reports and assists the Chief Financial and Operating Officer in preparing the overall annual budget.
· Monitor and reconcile multiple bank accounts.
· Track and prepare sales/use, and personal property tax due to various counties.
· Oversee the Accounts Payable process, invoices, check requests, manual checks and contract payments.
· Set up and maintenance of vendors in Sage MAS90 accounting system.
· Coordinate and maintain equipment records and fixed asset inventories.
· Maintain the fixed asset ledgers including setting up additions and recording depreciation. In addition, performs annual fixed asset inventory for all sites.
· Prepare the staff/management payroll bi-weekly, as well as the provider payroll monthly.
· Involved in managing the 401K Plan, i.e. employee eligibility, contributions, annual audit, etc.
· Work with Western Nephrology’s outside accounting firm to supply them with information necessary to ensure integrity of finance department relating to proper journal entries, tax implications, etc.
· Gather data and create schedules in preparations for audits.
· Oversee financials for multiple real estate entities.
· Participate and assist in accounting related projects as needed.
· Participate in audits as needed.
· Assists in implementation, maintenance and testing of internal controls and policies for compliance purposes.
Minimum of three years prior healthcare finance/accounting management experience.
Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting/finance related field. Master’s degree preferred
Experience working in computerized accounting programs.
Knowledge of finance and accounting practices including budgeting, accounts payable, payroll, journal entry, reconciliation, financial analysis, and internal controls.
Knowledge of medical office bookkeeping, budgeting and accounting.
Extended knowledge of Excel and Word software.
Knowledge of the health care industry and billing experience helpful.
Ability to gather, analyze and interpret information for completeness and correctness, as well as identify problems, research and recommend resolutions.
Skill in written and verbal communication.
Able to implement policies and procedures, and department financial controls.
Critical thinking abilities.
Skills in maintaining and reconciling accounting records.
Maintain strictest confidentiality of financial, payroll and personnel matters.
Ability to be detail orientated and to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines and under minimal supervision.
Ability to manage and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, other employees, managers and the public.
Perform mathematical computations.
Be highly efficient, organized and accurate in all work.
Western Nephrology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We offer a competitive compensation package including paid-time off, health/dental/vision/ 401K with a match, prescription coverage and a profit sharing program. Employees also receive short and long term disability benefits.
About Western Nephrology:
The mission of Western Nephrology is to provide the highest quality, compassionate medical care for patients with kidney disease. The physicians and staff of Western Nephrology operate with integrity and compassion and value our relationships with patients, health partners and community. We practice medicine in the most comprehensive, evidence-based approach possible. Through collaboration, integration, innovation and use of technology we maintain our position at the forefront of evolving healthcare delivery models that improve quality of life, outcomes and cost. Our Values include:
· Positive Patient Experiences: Exceed patient expectations in every encounter
· Valuing People: Show compassion and respect for others
· Continuous Learning: Be willing to learn, grow and accept change
· Accountability: See through to completion all responsibilities and commitments
· Positive Communication: Communicate in a productive and professional manner
· Professionalism: Exhibit professionalism in communication, actions and work environment
· Stewardship: Consider the greater good over self-interest; demonstrate integrity
To apply, please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com