Office Position – Medical Practice Manager
Job Type – full time, salaried, Monday-Friday (no call responsibilities)
Education – Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Administration or related field, preferable with Masters in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
Experience – minimum of five years of experience with medical office management
Salary – TBD
- The medical practice manager is responsible for the oversight of daily operations of the office team. The practice manager coordinates the daily activities of the office team, monitors the work flow within, delegates work assignments, assures appropriate training is maintained, assist team members in problem resolution, provides reports of individual and team performance to the practice partners.
- Bill payment reports monthly and annually
- Knowledgeable of billing practices for Medicaid and third-party payers, overseeing billing practices to ensure efficient and cost efficient processes are in place
- Oversees HR and ensures effective administration/limitation of compensation, benefits, job descriptions, personnel
- Displays exceptional customer services skills and responding to all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies, internal departments and coworkers when appropriate
- Strong ability to multi-task; problem solving skills, and adaptability
- Ensures effective physical management of operations. Oversees financial and business affairs of the medical practice and clinical research operations–accounting, budgeting, and internal controls. Insures operational effectiveness, emphasized cost containment without jeopardizing innovation quality of care.
- Implements and maintains compliance regulations. Continually monitors operations, programs, and physical properties. Initiate appropriate changes.
- Resolves operational problems including the maintenance of clinical property, computer systems and installed software applications
- Resolves any medical/administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee moral and a professional, healthful medical office and research atmosphere.
- Act as a compliance officer for the practice, developing, implementing, and maintaining its compliance plan
- Ensure that quality standards of the practice are implemented.
- Participates in contract and business negotiations with insurance plans and other entities with whom the organization does business
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current and the latest healthcare trends and developments.
- Complies with Federal, state, and professional requirements by adhering to the regulations and advising management of problems and actions needed.
Please submit resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org