Position Title: Medical Assistant
Organization Name: Alliance HealthCare Services
Date Needed: As soon as possible
City: Golden, Colorado
Type of Position: Full Time
To assist all other members of the healthcare team in caring for the radiation therapy patients and family and Exhibits excellent working knowledge of patient care.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direct care to patients by taking vital signs, drawing blood or assisting with procedures as directed by nurse or physician.
- Maintains clean patient care areas. Ensures exam rooms have adequate supplies and equipment. Maintains supplies as directed by RN.
- Assists in maintaining patient medical records and departmental records. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Ensures that all test results are properly recorded, charted and given to medical providers in a timely manner.
- Completes insurance filing assignments accurately as directed.
- Abides by departmental policies and procedures to include infection control, blood borne pathogens, precautions, radiation safety, privacy and HIPAA. Appropriately refers questions, requests or problems to supervisors.
- Is a highly dependable member of the therapy team, and promotes goodwill and a positive image of the center. Provides patient and family comfort and support as appropriate. Collaborates with other team members in the care of the radiation patients and their families.
- Completes any additional job duties as assigned in a timely manner
- High School Diploma of general education degree (GED) and one year certificate from college or technical school required.
- CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or MA (Medical Assistant) program required.
- CPR Certification required
- Minimum of one (1) years experience in medical or related field; Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with patients, physicians and peers.